Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Foodie Couple: Mama Chit's

Have I mentioned that the husband is the sweetest person I know? Perhaps I did mention it already. Andaming beses na ata. Well, you see, He really knows how to push my buttons and he makes me feel important and so loved.

I have mentioned in my previous posts that I have been preparing for my interview for promotion scheduled on Mar 13-15. Our plan was for me to leave Mindoro on Mar 9 so I can have the weekend to run through the 3.2km pft route and then finalize everything to include my uniforms which should have been full of tailor's chalk by then.

Errrrrrr  and I had to pick up my especially made shoes from the Gibson pagawaan at Marikina pa.

But because of some unforeseen events, I left Mindoro on March 10. The husband fetched me at cubao and we then picked up my shoes.

Thanks to Kuya Ver of Gibson's Marikina for making my pumps. To tell you, I had to ask Kuya Ver to make a smaller size of this pair of shoes kasi my feet are so small! 

who say's pumps are boring
I was happy with the result. According to Kuya Ver, they seldom make this pumps because most of their clients are from the PNP and they wear a different design of pumps. Good thing that he agreed to make a size 6 1 /2 size of this design for me.

On our way home, I mentioned to the husband that when I was researching how to get to Gibson's Marikina, I bumped on some foodie sites featuring nice kainan's in Marikina. 

He agreed (thanks dear) that we eat out na lang. Google map is a great help but it doesn't give you everything especially if you are not familiar with the place. We almost got lost.

After rechecking our maps and referred to ever reliable map-agtatanungan bystanders, we finally found Mama Chit's. 

We didn't order immediately because we got caught up with the ambiance.

It's a perfect place for vintage lovers. You can find a lot of memorabilia from the 70's to the 90's. The owner must have been so into these era.
old soft drinks case used as condiments holder
plates bigger than trucks
vintage crayola cans
made me want to make soup soon:)
the husband busy reading hmmmmm
our table waiting for us and our food
onion rings
roasted turkey wrap
putanesca chuwariwaps
I am a pasta person but this one is different. It's very yummy and you can really taste the mixture of oils and herbs. 

I am very happy with our first eat out experience. Mall food are getting boring and I think they're expensive too! I think we will now prefer to be adventurous foodies. Adventure talaga kasi we do not know how to reach our destination.haha 

For now, I have a short list of resto I want to visit. I'm so excited. Thank you, husband for spoiling me.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment