Sunday, September 18, 2011

How Short is Short

According to the head of the Non Academic Department (NAD) of CSS, i can keep my hair long for us long as i will use a hairnet. Ok. There you go. Ok na sana kasi pumayag na ang kapitan. But then again, I can't please everybody and unfortunately not everybody is fond of seeing lady officers with her hair tied in a bun.

The bun actually makes our faces neater but just like anything else, it has its down sides. 

1. As I initially said, most of the male officers are not members of my beauty fans club. They'd rather want to see female officers looking like lifeless lesbians than female officers looking like ladies. There are some things they can't get over with. hohum

2. Admittedly, having long hair tied to a bun practically consumes quite some time fixing it. I spend almost 30mins of my entire day fixing it. It's ok to have it if I am managing my own time but not during training. The bad thing is, i have to tie it up even if it's still dripping wet from the shower so as not to be late for formations and first calls.


despite of #2, i was fine and dandy having a long hair. cutting it short is also fine with me but first, i just wanted to clarify if i can keep it or not during my basic course. i am willing to oblige naman with the regulations but to be fair with myself, i approached the NAD.

I got a go signal from the head of the NAD but the assistant commandant of our school is not cool with it. He asked me about the provisions of our hair. I answered him with that i know and he said that i have to provide him with a printed copy of what I have told him. If I can't produce it then i'll have to have my hair cut short. Darn, he's making a big deal out of it. 


Complicating things is not my cup of coffee because i know that every thing I say or do, they will just roll it into a big ball of endorsement. so, this morning, i went to the nearest salon i could get and complied with the old man's tantrums.








not that bad after all.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment