Thursday, March 8, 2012

Conventional is history, hello myo

I have been wearing conventional braces since june of 2008. I have a class III bite ever since a child so when I entered PMA, I was advised to wear one. For the first two months, I only wore braces on my upper denture but my dentist gave me an appliance that is to be worn on my lower denture. She calls it “platform” . she says that  have to bit it so that my upper teeth will be pulled out and at the same time push the lower denture in. 

Here’s how my bite looked like during the first months I started wearing braces.

My visits to the dentist weren’t regular so instead of wearing the braces for only two years, I wore my iron gates for three and a half years. i was always busy. i didn't fail in any pft. i was just busy. no reactions allowed.:)

The slow transition because of infrequent visits to my dentist

It came to a point when i considered looking for a new dentist since traveling from Mindoro to Baguio has been causing me too much hassle and a good fortune. My dentist said that if I am to transfer then I would start from scratch. Scratch to include the check up, Xray and of course, the dreaded 40k payment. I had my mind set on the expenses but it’s still a big amount and is not a joke considering how unstable our finances has become. My husband and I actually had a shopping free holidays. How bad that was for our first holiday together as a couple. In short, we were broke. 


With that my dentist offered that she could remove my conventional braces and replace it with MYOBRACES. Myobraces looks the same as what pacquiao wears in his boxing bouts.hahahahaha it’s made of silicon and I have to wear it at least two hours in the morning and then overnight. The myobraces is very convenient on my part since I don’t have to traverse the four express ways of Luzon just to have my elastics replaced.
Meet myo
Here’s what I looked like when I first wore the myobraces. Gross.

On January 4, 2012, I went to visit my dentist at Session Road. She made baklas of my braces and at first, I felt like my teeth would fall off my gums. Having titanium brackets for quite some time have already made me feel used to having something to keep my gums and bones from their natural growth.




 Weeeee! I feel so free! To all my friends and cousins who are not so vain, if you are interested on wearinjg braces, feel free to contact me so I can give you my brackets. Each bracket costs php500.00 and I have twenty pieces so using mine would really cut your budget short. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment