Friday, June 15, 2012

Joining the Milk Tea Craze

Milk tea craze has reached Philippines for so long yet I haven't caught the craze no matter how nice and creative it has been advertised by media. They say coffee is out and tea has replaced it since people have been conscious about health nowadays.

Just about yesterday, I talked to my mom about her current health condition and she said that she has to undergo a surgery. She could have gone through it right there and then but the doctor told her that she has to be cleared by her other doctors since she has history of having high blood sugar level.

At first, it didn't come to me that since she's my mom, i might have the same issues in the future until ze husband told me that i might be taking too much sugar (blame it to my turon cravings eeeeeerrrrrr). I love turon and maruja (banana fritters) and since they're so cheap for snacks, they have become my favorite afternoon delight. Aside from that, I have coffee-chocolate drink every morning so that would mean another source of tons and tons of sugar.nomnom

From there, I have decided that I have to got through another milestone (k?) in my life. I would replace my morning drink with tea. I am definitely not a fan of tea ever since but i'm thinking of living a healthier lifestyle so there goes me, ready to ride the tea bandwagon.

I have this impression that tea tastes bitter, grassy and anything weird so I'm thinking of taking milk tea first so the change wouldn't be too drastic.


The transition for sure wouldn't be that easy primarily because of the sudden change in taste but according to some articles I've read, my taste buds would eventually get used to the taste of tea and the bitterness would just turn into sweetness. Heaven!

I hope this would work out for me as it worked out for others.


P.S. im also thinking of mixing tea to my bathing water.:) 

2 comments: