Monday, August 6, 2012

PMA! Oh Hail to Thee!


It’s that time of the year again when young adults take the next step in their formal education: college entrance exams. You might have heard of self-made millionaires and ask yourselves why formal education is important. If some people are able to do it, maybe I can do it too? For most of us, that's not always the case. In fact, they are rare. Several students who are already enrolled in reputable schools, after finishing their third year in High School, enroll in summer programs specifically designed to help them conquer college entrance exams such as UPCAT, ACET and DLSUCET. For most people who want to land a decent-paying job, going to college (or University, as others may call it) is no longer a luxury but a necessity.

This year, I am tasked to be the recruitment officer of our unit for the Philippine Military Academy Entrance Examination (PMAEE). I have been conducting information drives to schools in our area to enlighten them about the PMAEE. Nothing so special, actually. However,  I am very excited and driven because this is my first time to conduct information drive about my Alma Mater. I didn’t get to be part of the info drive team when I was a cadet (because of some silly reasons I am not proud of) so I just feel like now is my time to shine! Ha! Shampoo ad?


So what make the PMA experience different from other universities? The most significant difference is the Honor System. Each cadet is covered by a code which states:


"We, the cadets, do not lie, cheat, steal, nor tolerate among us those who do so."



Accept the challenge, be a PMA cadet!


P.S. Cheaters are not welcome. As the honor code says, we do not tolerate cheaters - whether it is cheating in academics or in cheating in relationships.

P.P.S. Pets aren't allowed in PMA but now that I can have one, I am considering getting a pup. I hope I'll be able to take good care of it so it wont have to eat its own poop!

No comments:

Post a Comment