Monday, March 12, 2012

Tuesday Liqueur Night: Hopia Like it!

For six years, gian and i finally i got to celebrate our first hearts' day together. Well, at least the evening. We didn't plan of having a romantic dinner somewhere (gian is not a fan) so we just celebrated the day spending quality time together. 

Gifts? Again, Gian is not a fan. I am a big fan though but I think mindoro has really sucked out the creative juices in my head so I opted for something  I know Gian would surely like and appreciate. And guess what that safe choice is. Food. Food is one of the many things that really bond us together and I know I can never go wrong with it so that day, I decided to find my way to Ongpin Street to buy his favorite hopia.:)

now i got to experience commuting in this part of Manila

Gian is not a fan of dates nor gifts but definitely a SUPER BIG FAN (all caps, ikr?) of hopia. Any hopia will do even those which cost super cheap. On my part, I have heard good reviews of Eng Bee Tin hopia so I bought a few for my valentine.

Gian's stash

happy boy

mahopia

What's so funny about it is that Gian didn't immediately try each flavor. He took each one slowly as if he is savoring each single bite. Kung ako yun, wagam na kagad,hahahahah

When the husband went to Malaysia last December, he bought a box of Anthon Berg liqueur chocolate. At first, I hesitated to indulge since I had a bad experience with liqueur filled chocolates last christmas. When i first had one, it felt like my head would explode and i was dizzy evening to dusk.

But this one's different. It's so chocolaty (chocolate naman talaga,toink). What I meant is that the liqueur is there but it didn't took over the chocolaty taste. 

parang sumabit lang ung baba ko sa braso ni gian

senglot boy

yummmmehhh!
at the end of the day, hearts' day is just any other day. it's up to the people how they want it to be. for me, hearts' day 2012 was a blast simply because i celebrated love day with my beloved.

already consumed, sir!
What's left of it after a couple of sesh. NAUBOS DIN SA WAKAS!


Click to check our other hearts' day shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment