Thursday, July 19, 2012

Getting Paid at oDesk

It's has been a month since I started setting up my oDesk account. I have taken a couple of exams to support my cv and everything about the account is ok. I have submitted applications to various job postings but the more crucial part is where I have to wait for the clients to hire me and for them to approve the articles that I wrote.

oDesk is the first where I really exerted some effort to be hired. My regular job didn't require me to apply since I was employed the moment I graduated from the school. Another thing that I am so happy about is that in oDesk, I get to choose what job I want. Of course I only applied to jobs where I know I have the capacity to attend to.

So there, more oDesk stories to share in some other post but today, i am just so happy that I had my first pay. I wrote four four-hundred-word (4x 400 word) articles last Friday and I was paid one dollar for each article. The pay is not that big but it's what my client and I have agreed upon and I am fine with that considering that I'm still new to oDesk and that I am still on the process of creating my reputation.

Getting paid for my 1st successful oDesk job


Four dollars for the eight to ten hours I spent writing (while multitasking) the articles is not much, but for now I am just so happy to know that somebody likes the way I write. And I got paid too! As one energy drink would say, "great things start from small beginnings!".

Looking forward to more writing jobs!

2 comments:

  1. wow congrats! usually content writers sugod jd na cla from $3-$5. weeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi tabalyogang,

    yeah, i started with an upfront payment of $2 with a guest posting job then the there came the four articles. not bad considering i started less than a month ago. good thing i have a very supportive husband.:)

    ReplyDelete