Sunday, July 29, 2012

Kindness of a Raven

The title of this post doesn't really have a connection to the topic. I was thinking of "the kindness of senior officers" but then i am reminded of the now defunct TV series One Tree Hill which tells of the story of teenagers who started as enemies then later became the best of friends. One of the main characters, Lucas Scott, wrote a novel entitled "the unkindness of ravens". That's my only explanation and i know it doesn't explain anything.

Anyway, being the most junior officer in our camp means two things. Work and Perks. 

As expected the most junior gets most of the workload. Good thing though that I'm a girl so the boss won't send me to war. Yes, there's a war, soldier! Everything is referred to me which makes me wonder if they see superwoman in me.

I am the front liner in the positive sense of the title. I deal with the media, the VIP and everyone else who needs something from our organization. Doing such is very tiring. Travel upsets me and the stress of meeting and smiling to people I do not actually know drives me nuts!

But, on the perks side is a whole different story. Being the most junior and the youngest in the group is full of simple joys. Food which is my favorite of all favorites is my consolation. whenever the the senior officers would go out for a break, they always come back with a "pasalubong" for me hence my continuous weight gain. errrr

milk and chocolate cookies from my favorite officer. hi there!
from the same officer. hi again!
chocolateeeey! i had to look for this in the fridge
thanks for supporting my tea craze
looks so different 
jobee happy!

So you see, I am a very shallow person. I get so excited easily and I find happiness in the simplest things. And this is just one of the many reasons why I love my job.:)

How about you? do you get along with the people around you?

No comments:

Post a Comment